What is coronavirus?
Coronaviruses are one kind of virus that causes different kinds of illnesses in the human body. A newly discovered type of Coronavirus is now known to us as COVID-19. It has caused a recent outbreak of breathing illness. The spreading of this new coronavirus is analyzed across the world by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the World Health Organization and research institutions such as Johns Hopkins.
COVID-19 is a virus that sparked in December 2019 by the emergence of a new coronavirus in China.
One can spread COVID-19 from human to human. Diagnosis has been made with a clinical study. There is no particular way of cure or vaccine has been made yet for this virus.
When and how was Coronavirus discovered?
COVID-19 began to appear in December 2019, in Wuhan, a city in China. Although the specific origin of this new coronavirus is still being investigated by medical authorities, preliminary reports suggested it could be related to a seafood market in Wuhan, China. Many persons who visited the market formed viral pneumonia due to the current coronavirus.
A research that came out during Jan. 25, 2020, reports that on Dec. 1, 2019, the patient with the first confirmed case was sick and has no connection to the market of seafood. Inquiries of how this virus developed and spread are continuing.
How does it spread?
COVID-19 can be transferred through cough molecules, sneezes and bodily fluids from person to person. COVID-19 was detected and has been confirmed as a pandemic by people around the world. This is believed that the virus transfers mostly from person to person. It transfers easily among people in direct contact with each other who don’t maintain a minimum gap of 3 feet between them. It can also spread shortly by someone’s breathing droplets or when he/she cough or sneeze.
Signs of COVID-19
COVID-19 signs include
– Breathing difficulties
– Sore Throat
This can be extreme, causing death in some cases.
Remedies for a COVID-19 patient
– Take enough rest and sleep
– Keep warm in the patient’s room
– Drink plenty of liquids (warm water, saline, fruit juices)
– Eat fruits contains Vitamin-C
– Avoid cold foods
Use a room cleanser or a warm bath to help relieve a sore throat and coughing
How we can protect ourselves from COVID-19
There is no particular cure for the virus as of yet. Patients who are sick from COVID-19 will be provided with interventions of support: those that alleviate symptoms. Specific treatment options can exist for serious cases like clinical drugs and therapeutics. One should take these following steps to protect himself/herself :
– Using a face mask is able to protect you from viruses or dirt while you are in a gathering of people who can save you from coronavirus preliminarily. Keep at least a 3 feet gap from other people in the crowdy place. You don’t have to wear a face mask if you’re not ill unless a corona patient is cared for.
– For at least 20 seconds, we can wash our hands frequently with hand wash liquid or soap and water. You can sing a Happy Birthday Song while washing your hands. The countdown for 20 seconds could be easier in this way. You should wash your hands whenever you are in a crowded place or when you scratched your nose, coughing or sneezing.
-You should cover your nose and mouth with a tissue or wipe or with your elbow whenever you cough and sneeze. It helps to rescue others from the germ that comes outside through cough and sneeze.
– Use a hand sanitizer with at 60 percent higher alcohol if soap and water are not readily available. Cover and rub the hands so that they feel warm.
– Stop using dirty hands to brush your hair, nose, and mouth. After coming from outside, never touch your mouth or nose without washing properly.
– Clean and wash commonly touched surfaces and areas every day. Tables, door locks, light switches, countertops, handles, chairs, telephones, keys, toilets, showerheads, and sinks, etc.
-Try to drink warm water after coming back from outside because the coronavirus stays lively for only 2 hours in our throat. We can destroy the virus immediately by drinking warm water if you are affected by it in the last 2 hours.
– Do not go outside without having any necessary needs. Stay home to be safe from the virus. Staying home can mostly save you from the attack of this virus